What is cyber security?
Cyber Security, is where you should safeguard computers, electronic systems, networks, servers, mobile devices, and data from malicious attacks from hackers.
What is Hacking?
Hacking is a practice where hackers bypass all the verification to achieve their needs. For example, there is an e-commerce website called www.xyzStore.com and hacker is able to delete things from person B’s shopping cart. Now deleting products from another person’s cart is an unintended behaviour by the application. This procedure is known as hacking.
It is a really basic example of a hacking, in real-world, there are much more dangerous and destructive hacks.
Types of Hackers
White Hat Hackers
More commonly known as Ethical Hackers. What you all should try, They are the security researchers with good intention of making the cyberspace a better place for everyone. They are authorised by the organizations to hack into their systems and perform penetration testing so that they can find vulnerabilities and loopholes and secure them. These are the good guys.
Black Hat Hackers
These are the bad guys who are always on the opposite side of White hat Hackers. They find loopholes in the computer systems and penetrate them without the permission of the individual/organization to whom the computer system belongs. They majorly hack for getting money by compromising technology as well as humans. These are the dangerous guys who can destruct the websites and get personal information like passwords, credit card details, etc.
Gray Hat Hackers
As the name suggests, they are not on side of good guys or the bad guys, they fall somewhere in between. These hackers hack into the computer network without permission however unlike Black Hat Hackers they do not use the information for their own benefits, rather they defame the website after hacking for fun, or they provide the gained information to someone else.
Also, there are many types like Blue Hat Hackers, Green Hat Hackers, Red hat hackers, etc…
Basics knowledge to begin Cyber security?
General Computer Knowledge
macOS / Windows
Linux and Bash
You don’t need all the master knowledge of all of them. You just need a decent basic knowledge of the above topics.
Disclaimer: All rights belong to the original owners.
IMPORTANT TOPICS IN EACH SKILL
1. General Computing: CPU, RAM, SSD/HDD, Threads, Processes, Caching, Buffers
2. Computer Networking: OSI Model, TCP/IP Model, TCP v/s UDP, Packet capture and analysis, DNS, ARP, Subnets, VLANs
3. Computer Programming: Python/C, Bash, PowerShell, C++, Basic CMD Commands
4. Windows: You probably have been using windows for a long time now, but still you need to learn some major topics like DLL, .msi, .ps1, Tokens, Memory Paging
5. Linux: CLI Navigation, FTP, SSH, telnet, repositories, GitHub, familiarity with more than one Linux distro and lastly Linux commands and bash scripting
6.Clear Motivation and Urge to Learn: This point is kind of self-explanatory, but I will add somethings here anyway.
There is no short time achievement. Money should not be a motive to join this field. This is a daily learning process. Here how much time & effort you put like that results will come. Outside, there is a great demand for hackers, programmers and other IT Professionals. And there are fewer people in this field.
Where to get Cyber Security for free 100%
1. Google (): Yeah not kidding, it is the best way to learn something. Just try googling anything you need to learn. Down below I have mentioned some of blogs & websites. You can also check them.
3. Udemy (): As I mentioned, start with free and cheap low-level courses, so Udemy is a good option. I have read & Selected some of best courses to learn.
4. GitHub (): This is not a proper resource but people have compiled learning resources for everything here, so start the search for what you need like this :
learn python GitHub, learn windows GitHub, learn anything GitHub. Best open source to get Cybersecurity & hacking knowledge.
5. PDF Drive (): Website to download PDF for books on a lot of topics including those in cyber security. Get free pdf & ppt for Cyber security & hacking.
Most Important things in Cyber Security for free
1. COMPUTER BASICS: You only research about it yourself.
2 MAC & WINDOWS: Best youtube channel to learn for basic os/windows is (Geek’s Lesson)
Best youtube channel to learn for basic of macOS (Tech Talk America).
3 COMPUTER NETWORKING: Best youtube channel to learn Start with COMPUTER NETWORKING (Geek’s Lesson), it is enough to get you started.
4 PROGRAMMING: Best youtube channel to learn for basic Python (Clever Programmer),
Best youtube channel to learn for basic C (freeCodeCamp.org),
Best youtube channel to learn for basic C++ (Caleb Curry),
Best youtube channel to learn for basic PowerShell (John Savill)
Best youtube channel to learn for basic LINUX & BASH: Linux (Joseph Delgadillo),
Best youtube channel to learn for basic BASH (linuxhint)
6. ENGLISH: Best Course to learn English (English for Career Development) course from Coursera is awesome for people struggling with the English language. It is free for all. Just select free to audit option in the course.
There is no limit for learning: you should learn & explore more and more by yourself 😀
Knowledge on Binary exploitation and Reverse Engineering
Cyber Security Jobs in India
- Network Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Lead Software Security Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Penetration Tester
- Information Security Crime Investigator/Forensics Expert
Important Cyber Security Certifications to get for Jobs
1. CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker. This is a basic level certification. You can register for it by the below link. Click Here
2. OSCP: This is by Offensive Security. Little harder then CEH certification. You can register for it by the below link. Click Here
3. CompTIA Security+: It requires two years to complete the full course. Click Here
4. ECSA: EC-Council Certified Security Analyst this is given by EC-Council, next level of CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker). Click Here
5. CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor.
6. CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Security.
Many are there but, Certificate is only for the paperwork. If you have correct knowledge of Cyber security & problem-solving. You don’t need to pay for these expensive Cyber security Certifications.
Best Cyber Security internships in India for beginners
|SL.No||Company Name||Place Of work|
|1||Cloud Security Synconext Technologies Private Limited||Bangalore|
|2||Cyber Security BDO India LLP||Mumbai|
|3||Cyber Security Reach Technologies||Work From Home|
|4||Teaching (Cyber Security) Unschool||Work From Home|
|5||Cyber Security Paralok Information Security Private Limited||Hyderabad|
You can log in to Internshala website To get more Information & other jobs related to Cyber security in India.
Cheap and best Cyber Security course in India
1. Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team) – Jigsaw Academy & HackerU
2. PGP in Cybersecurity – Praxis Business School
3. Cybersecurity Certification Course – Edureka
4. Post-Graduation Program in Cybersecurity – IIDT
5. Stanford Advanced Computer Security Program – Great Learning
6. Cyber Pro Track – PurpleSynapz
7. Certified Information Security Consultant – Institute of Information Security
Top 10 Cyber Security Jobs & Salaries lists
|Cyber Security Jobs||Average Salary|
|Information Security Analyst||₹539,300|
|Cyber Security Analyst||₹584,635|
|Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)||₹487,957|
|Information Security Manager||₹1,932,475|
|Cyber Security Engineer||₹564,382|
|Senior Security Consultant||₹1,165,619|
Thanks🙏 for seeing 👁️🗨️ the full blog, If you have any questions❓ or any suggestions please contact us in the comment section. I have given so much of Knowledge & free stuff to you all. So please make a favour of sharing this knowledge with the post to your friends & family members.
Also, Read (Click)
Want like Same Promotion For your Product Visit Media Kit: Advertise On FactsPrime Page!!