Saturday, Sep 10, 2022 | Safar 14, 1444
Published: Wed 3 Feb 2021, 12:05 PM
The Covid-19 pandemic affected hiring activity across different job categories last year. However, the trend is slowly, but surely, reversing.
>> Dubai government jobs with Dh8,000 salary announced
>> UAE jobs: Ministry is hiring, here are the vacancies
A new report from LinkedIn has identified jobs that are currently most in demand in the UAE.
Ali Matar, Head of LinkedIn MENA and Emerging Markets in Europe and Africa, said: “The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted the way businesses operate and how people work, but it has also opened up opportunities in a number of sectors as businesses continue to adapt to the pandemic.
“Medical and healthcare roles; digital content freelancers, and finance and general business roles are particularly strong areas of growth, while we are also seeing a rise in e-commerce, digital marketing roles and professional coaching as jobseekers are leveraging their experience and expertise to move into new careers.”
Here are the top 15 job categories driving the UAE job market:
>> Specialised medical professionals
This category saw a 112 per cent growth in hires, with nurses and general practitioners being in high demand across the UAE.
– Top skills: Nursing, Basic Life Support (BLS), Internal Medicine, Patient Safety and Healthcare Management.
– Common job titles: Registered Nurse, Nurse, General Practitioner, Medical Doctor, Clinical Pharmacist
>> Digital content freelancers
To support the local economy during the Covid-19 pandemic, the UAE created new work permits for international freelancers. Additionally, the rise in online activity, the adoption of digital platforms across sectors, and changing consumer behaviour led to high demand for freelancers and a 200 per cent increase in digital content-related jobs, with 25% of them being available remotely.
– Top skills: YouTube, Blogging, Social Media Marketing, Creative Writing, Video Production
– Common job titles: Content Coordinator, Blogger, Youtuber, Podcaster
>> Healthcare supporting staff
While nurses and doctors battled Covid-19 on the frontlines, healthcare supporting staff like laboratory assistants and clinical managers worked behind-the-scenes on PCR testing and vaccine development. This led to a 129 per cent rise in such roles.
– Top skills: Hematology, Infection Control, Microbiology, Laboratory Skills, Clinical Research
– Common job titles: Medical Laboratory Technologist, Laboratory Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Medical Consultant, Clinic Manager
Although E-Commerce has been steadily growing in UAE year-on-year, the Covid-19 pandemic made virtual stores the new normal for any small business looking to stay afloat.
– Top skills: Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), E-commerce
– Common job titles: Ecommerce Coordinator, Online Specialist
>> Digital marketing specialists
This saw a growth of 71 per cent in 2020. Social media-related roles showed some of the highest growth. The vast majority were self-employed or freelancers.
– Top skills: Influencer Marketing, Content Strategy, Digital Marketing, Market Research, Google Ads
– Common job titles: Digital Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Marketing Director, Social Media Marketing Manager
>> Business development and sales roles
The year saw a 74 per cent growth in business development and sales hires. About 11 per cent of the roles were remote.
– Top skills: Business Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Lead Generation, Team Management, Sales Management.
– Common job titles: Business Development Specialist, Business Development Associate, Vice President of Sales, Sales Team Lead.
>> Professional and personal coaches
The year 2020 saw a 207 per cent growth in these roles compared to 2019. About 61 per cent of these roles were filled by women, the majority of them being self-employed.
– Top skills: Life Coaching, Executive Coaching
– Common job titles: Life Coach, Leadership Coach
>> Creative professionals
Freelance writers and video producers were in high demand in 2020, with more companies looking to enhance their digital presence with high-quality content.
– Top skills: Video Production, Writing, Illustration, Graphic Design, Photography.
– Common job titles: Writer, Video Producer, Fashion Stylist, Art Consultant, Illustrator
>> Education roles
Education-related roles registered a 72 per cent increase in 2020. About 67 per cent of those hired within this category were women with an average age of 27.
– Top skills: Educational Leadership, Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, Special Education, English as a Second Language (ESL)
– Common job titles: Teaching Assistant, High School Teacher, English Second Language Teacher, Career Counselor, Curriculum Developer
>> Language services
This job category increased by 134 per cent in 2020 compared to 2019, with medical interpreters and English teachers among those that transitioned to a translator role.
– Top skills: Translation, Proofreading, Legal Translation
– Common job titles: Translator
>> General business roles
Many of these job openings were for top management positions.
– Top skills: Business Strategy, Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Leadership, Team Management
Common job titles: Managing Partner, Outreach Manager, Head Of Compliance, Organisational Development Manager, Strategic Partner
A 61 per cent growth of technology hires in 2020 as compared to 2019.
Common job titles: Web Developer, Frontend Developer, User Interface Designer, Product Design Consultant, Cyber Security Analyst
>> Specialised engineering roles
In 2020, engineering roles grew by 72 per cent.
– Top skills: Biomedical Engineering, Deep Learning, Audio Engineering, Marine Engineering
– Common job titles: Biomedical Engineer, Marine Engineer, Materials Engineer, Audio Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer
>> Finance roles
This category has seen a 63 per cent growth.
– Top skills: Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Portfolio Management, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Trading
– Common job titles: Corporate Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner, Equity Trader
>> Online news and journalism
Increasing online media consumption resulted in a 58 per cent rise in hires for news and journalism roles.
– Top skills: Editing, Journalism, Television
– Common job titles: Editor, Journalist, Television Producer
The mourning period will begin today, Friday, September 9
In a video released on Thursday, an official recalled his interaction with the Queen
A link has been shared for the same
She passed away at Balmoral Castle, UK, late on Thursday
They are wives and mothers who always heed the call of duty even if it means leaving their families in the middle of the night
People have been requested to refrain from taking photographs
Residents remained glued to television sets and mobile phones for hours leading up to the announcement by Buckingham Palace
British monarch died aged 96 on Thursday
Saturday, Sep 10, 2022 | Safar 14, 1444